Saturday, May 22, 2010

Blackheads and Robots

I'm expecting a call. Who shall it be? Why should they call? Upon what grounds do they have to be disturbing me at this time? What do they want? I will not answer. It could be a man, a woman, the love of my life. My mother, my father, my untrained ex-wife. But be as it may, this call shall be coming today. I will not hear their message. I will not be intrigued to find out their news. Whatever news it may be. Be it bad, be it good, death or birth. I am under no pressure to listen to them. Oh no here it comes, I feel the vibration in my jean pant. I will leave my phone in there. I will not answer. Oh now my terrible ringtone, I must really change that damn song.
Let me mute it so the tune doesn't annoy me. The screen flashes "Unknown Number" - I'm intrigued. Don't press it! It might be the most important call of my life, do I really want to throw it away? The opportunity to find out who's calling? Stop flashing, I will not answer! The song is coming to an end... this may be my last chance to find this hidden secret. Ok, I'm doing it, I'm pressing the green knobbie. "Hello?"
"Hello, this is Mamphikoziswane from Capitech. I would like to offer you our newest credit card special. Can I have a few minutes of your time?"
"No, fuck off"
click

What a waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment